It doesn’t matter if you have bedbugs or fleas to deal with both of them can prove themselves to be a lot more annoying than one can anticipate. So, before going crazy about how to get rid of these pests and insects? It’s always essential to know the difference between these two monsters that you’re dealing with. Precautions and amends are necessary to be taken. Knowing the difference between them is vital because both of them require a completely different level of treatment to push them out of a Human’s daily routine.
How to Know The Basic Difference Between Bedbugs and Fleas?
- Since both of them belong to the niche of parasite and need an organism with warm blood to dwell upon i.e. Animal/Human Blood etc.
- Fleas appreciate animals that have a furry torso or have a body completely covered with hairs like Cats and Dogs. On the Contrary, Bed Bugs find the Human Blood more attractive and lurking.
- Up till now, there is a very good chance that if you have any Furry Pet in the house who often likes to give a visit to the outdoor parks and play areas including other wild animals, they are very likely to bring fleas into the homes where they live.
- While Bed Bugs are brought into the houses by the humans themselves.
- Fleas can survive for a long time without having themselves clinging to a host by putting them in a pupa, while Adult fleas can only live for not more than 15 days without a pupa.
- Adult Bed bugs are however able to survive for about a year without having a snack every once in a while.
- Bed bugs don’t do not jump, they like to crawl in peace towards their food while fleas can jump or fly for about 250x their body length varying from 15 – 18 inches. Ultimately it aids them to hitchhike from one snacking point to the other with quite ease.
- Bed bugs don’t usually spread diseases but fleas are found notorious for spreading animal-oriented diseases like Cat-Scratch Fever and plague.
How to Tell Bed Bugs and Fleas Apart?
- Fleas are reddish-brown and are oval-shaped being skinny and long as compared to Bed Bug. While the latter ones are also reddish-brown but are flat and seed shape.
- Fleas range from 1 mm to 5 mm and Bed bugs range from 1.5 mm to 3mm.
- Both Fleas and Bed Bugs are nocturnal which means they like to go on a snack hunt mostly when it’s dark. So it’s better to call any crawling pest control.
- Bedbugs are generally found on the sides of the bed mattress or bed sheets while Fleas like to stay within Animal Fur or on the carpets where animals generally stay to have a nap, waiting for them to have a hop-on them and have a quick snack or a bite.
How to Tell The Difference of The Bites of Both?
- Bed Bug’s bites are raised and flat red due to reactions from the chemicals (Anticoagulants and Anesthesia) from its saliva.
- The bite of a flea looks more like a mosquito bite. Having a red-colored center like a puncture bite made by the flea’s mouth from where it enables itself to suck blood.
- A Flea bite becomes swollen in no time and starts to itch on the spot, while the Bedbugs bite can take a couple of days to show up until the anesthesia wears off.
- A Bed bug goes for a blood hunt every few days varying from 7- 10 days in while on the other hand Fleas are not very shy and don’t bother to have multiple feeds in a single day for each feed can last for several hours.
Book Our Company Professionals for Carpet Cleaning Services!
We at Real Pest Control provide our clients with exclusive pest removal services and try our best to relieve them with our professional and Affordable Pest Control Services in Adelaide. We use quality pest exterminators and eco-friendly products. We have hired experienced, skilled and certified Bug and Flea bed bug control staff, who provide these facilities proficiently, maintaining the hygiene. If you’re tired of these Bugs and Flea problems, just give a call and leave the rest to us for Flea Control and sit back.